One of my favorite pastimes is reading magazines. It always has been. Something about all the beautiful models in beautiful clothes page after page has always given me such inspiration. Magazines give me hair inspiration, makeup inspiration, fashion inspiration, and much more. I still buy the hard copies of magazines vs. reading them on the internet which I am sure seems prehistoric at this point, however there is something to turning the pages… But, not much.
Over the years I have cut my subscriptions by half, and rarely buy hard copies from the drug store anymore. The wide world of webbing provides plenty of archives for me to get lost in without spending a dime. However, between instagram, pinterest, tumblr, and a million other sites I find myself so over stimulated visually that I am almost too tired to get through a large september issue once a year. It is sad to me, like the end of an era.
I find my drug store purchases to be similar. I am finally at a point in my life (insert hands praising the sky emoji) where I can afford some of the more luxurious beauty products from department stores and so on. It would be easier to get lost in the webpages of Sephora.com. But, honestly, I buy these products because I think they are the best.
1. Johnson’s Baby Lotion. A little grease is good. Remember? I love this lotion and the cream. It keeps my skin baby soft.
2. Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution . I have never found anything better. It’s like botox in a bottle.
3. Yes to Carrots Body Wash. Again, the perfect amount of grease. It’s suddy, and isn’t too fragrant.
4. Neutrogena Body Oil. What can I say? Grease is good. If applied in the shower, it’s the ultimate way to moisturize.
5. Schick Intuition Razors. I used to get a lot of nicks when shaving. I went to great lengths to test out this razor, and found some solutions for when you’re out of shaving cream. I don’t get nicks anymore.
6. Maybelline Volum’ Express Mascara. Ok, this one needs a bit of explaining. This isn’t the best mascara. But, it is the best for the price. Frankly, I can’t justify spending the money on Guerlain Mascara (which is the best) as little as I wear mascara. Either way, it creates thick and full lashes.
7. Almay Intense i-Color Bold Nudes Eye Shadow. I really love the way these eye color palettes make my eyes pop. I don’t always buy green eyes because I have green eyes. Sometimes I play around with the blue and hazel. It doesn’t matter that much. The combinations are just nice.
9. Maybelline Baby Lips Balm. Yes, this cult classic lives up to it’s name. There is a reason for all the hype and it really does add a nice color while moisturizing your lips.
10. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Enamel. I’m a mess when it comes to doing my own nails. Most of the time, I don’t even try. But, there isn’t always time to go to the salon. When that happens, I use this polish because it does not have a traditional brush. The brush is sturdier than the Essie or O.P.I brush so it is easier to control.